Sunday, April 16, 2006

Darwin Was Wrong

Took care of an 18 year old woman yesterday who is a little overwhelmed with her second child. Her complaints were vague and non-specific... "I have a headache that comes and goes... I can't sleep because of the baby... I'm tired." She seemed to me to be exhausted and depressed so I had our psychiatric extender interview her. "Beware," I told her, "I don't think she's very smart."

This assessment was later confirmed by the following exchange:

Psychiatric Extender: "Have you ever been an inpatient in a mental health facility?"
Patient: "Well, I do get really impatient with my husband sometimes."

This just goes to show that Darwin was wrong, at least about humans. In America it is not the case that the most fit individuals are the ones to propogate their genetic material to future generations. Not being judgemental, just stating the obvious. In fact, for those having trouble getting pregnant I recommend the following... drop out of school, drink a lot, lose your job, shoot heroin, and smoke crack. Works every time.

1 comment:

  1. "In fact, for those having trouble getting pregnant I recommend the following... drop out of school, drink a lot, lose your job, shoot heroin, and smoke crack. Works every time."

    Amen!

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM AND GRATUITOUS LINK POSTINGS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED.