Sunday, April 02, 2006

Good Day

Once in a while you get a 'thank you' that means a lot. I took care of a teenager three weeks ago who had collapsed in his bedroom after coming home from school. His dad, just returned from Afghanistan, carried him to his car and drove like crazy to the ED. He had a spontaneous intracranial bleed, a real one-in-a-million hit for a kid, and was going to die. I intubated him and sent him quickly to our nearest referral center that had Neurosurgical capability. Today, he walked into my ED with his mom to say 'thanks'. After my recent experiences here it was a real boost to my attitude. Evidently the Neurosurgeons are as puzzled as I am as to why this kid bled, but he should be fine, and, hopefully, live a full and happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL SPAM AND GRATUITOUS LINK POSTINGS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED.