Friday, November 24, 2006

The Doctor's Area

Heard in the doctor's area of the Emergency Department just now (4am, Friday, the day after Thanksgiving)... "That dude they just put in 18 better be fucking sick or I'll kill him." Actually said to patient, "Hello sir, how can I help you?"

Heard 10 minutes later regarding a four month old child brought in for "abdominal pain"... "How the fuck do the parent's know the kid has abdominal pain? We're going to do some vicarious teaching here... We are going to stick tubes and needles in the kid whether he needs it or not." Actually said to parent, "Hello ma'am, what a cute baby! So junior is having some abdominal pain?"

Overheard from a patient brought into a bed as I'm leaving at 7am, "I was here yesterday but I was too sick to stay."

Home. Bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL SPAM AND GRATUITOUS LINK POSTINGS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED.