Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Shalom







Gonna be out of the country for a few weeks vacation in the promised land. No, not Hawaii, beautiful downtown Tel Aviv. I told my wife if she wanted to go to a hot city with a large jewish population Miami would be much more convenient, but shes the Boss. She might still be going solo depending on El-Al security. Hopefully they've forgotten about that little incident in Haifa in 1991. Its my own fault for talking up the place for the last 15 years, and since 9-11 its hard to make the case that its more dangerous there. Can't wait to catch baywatch in hebrew.

7 comments:

  1. I went there with my Mom, and it was amazing. Have a good trip! It's a bitch of a flight, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time. Say Hello to everyone for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect timing....Passover. No one works during Passover..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make SURE that you go up to Haifa and visit the Bahai Gardens of Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Bahai gardens are beautiful. I loved the Sea of Galilee. Also the Dead Sea, where I walked a half mile out, got salt in my eyes and couldn't remember which way it was back to the shore (I was 17).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lived there for ten years; You should foorget all the classic tourist stuff! I'd reccomend that you go to eilat and ask around for "the bridge" (hagesher) find it, jump off of it, and hope the cops don't catch you (you might have to ask the younger people).

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM AND GRATUITOUS LINK POSTINGS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED.